Launching a nonresearch career doesn’t mean leaving behind everything you learned as a scientist. The skills you developed as you dove into your projects and communicated your results are valuable in many jobs. If you’re not convinced, read on for some specific examples of how Ph.D.-holders put their skills to use outside the lab. Learning new fields Kenneth Gibbs Jr. , Program director in the Division of Training, Workforce Development, and Diversity at the National Institute of General Medical Sciences Learning new fields is a skill I developed in graduate school that I continue to use now as I manage research grants in scientific areas that are outside my previous expertise. When I was a graduate student, I was very interested in stem cells and the signals that regulate them. At the time I didn't have a background in the topic, so I had to read lots of literature—where I encountered unfamiliar terms—to orient myself to the field, and then I would identify knowledgea...
Este blog é destinado aos curiosos e apaixonados pela ciência! Com uma linguagem simples você poderá se atualizar e conhecer um pouco deste mundo encantador. Administradores do Blog: Dr Benildo Sousa Cavada e Dra Kyria Santiago do Nascimento. Editores: Kyria S Nascimento, Benildo S Cavada e Cláudio Henrique Dahne (Graduando em Ciências Biológicas).

Comentários
Postar um comentário